If you have any of the following then it may not be possible to carry out a body massage. Please contact me if you need any clarification.
Contra-indications preventing body massage treatment:
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
- Treatment for cancer
- Pregnancy (not first twelve weeks).
- Recent surgery (3-6 months healing).
- Broken bones (3-6 months healing).
- History of thrombosis or blood clots
- Taking Warfarin or other blood thinning medication
- Infectious conditions of the skin : ringworm, scabbies, impetigo
- Fever or temperature
- Flu and really bad colds
Contra-indications restricting body massage treatment:
- Warts or verrucas – must be covered with a waterproof plaster
- Eye infection or cold sore – the area affected cannot be treated
- Excema, psoriasis or dermatitis – if the area affected has an open wound or is inflamed then that area cannot be treated
- Bruises – the affected area cannot be treated
- Varicose veins – will need to be avoided
- Diabetes – condition of skin will need to be checked
- Sun-burnt skin – the affected area cannot be treated
- Colds – degree of infection will need to be assessed